Part of the activities of the Marché de Noël de Montreux.
In between workshops, games and dancing, the castle will light up and come to life to show you how we celebrated Christmas in the olden days.
2017 EDITION: 2-3, 9-10, 16-17 December
Activities for all the family!
Sounds, smells and beautiful trees adorned with pine cones will immerse children and grown-ups alike in the ambiance of a medieval Christmas. The castle, decked in green, will host dancers and storytellers who are sure to have you bursting with joy! With the castle’s rooms perfumed with the sweet smell of Middle Ages herbal teas and spices, our arts and crafts demonstrations, among others, are sure to delight the most curious among you! There will be plenty of other festivities on the bill, with workshops ranging from calligraphy and cookery to candle making!
Saturday and Sunday 2-3, 9-10 and 16-17 December from 10:00am to 5:00pm (last admission at 4:00pm)
- Characters and activities on Christmas Eve in a medieval castle
- Christmas tales with storytellers from L’Oreille qui parle group
- Medieval music and dancing with Les Pieds Gauches troupe
- Beeswax candle making workshops and beehive product displays
- Medieval calligraphy workshop for writing your Christmas cards
- Temporary exhibition "Medieval Factory"
- Medieval cookery with Le Pot des Cieux (no booking required)
Children are under the responsibility of their parents or accompanying adults at all times.
The visit to the castle can be truly wintery... Make sure to dress warmly!
A small area with vending machines is at your disposal for refreshments, but please do not picnic within the castle itself.
We highly recommend you use public transport to come to the castle.
from 10:00am to 5:00pm (last admission at 4:00pm)
PRICES (VAT 8% incl.)
CHF 15.00/ adult or child
CHF 35.00/ family (2 adults and up to 5 children)
* ACC and Drako members: free!
NB: The usual vouchers and discount cards are not accepted.
No reservation needed.