This evocative room with its large windows overlooking the lake has a magnificent walnut wardrobe made in 1590 and a ceramic stove dated 1620 with the coat-of-arms of the town of Lutry.
This room was reserved for the Saoys at the end of the 14th century. It was called "Camera Nova Juxta Magnum Pelium", or "the new room next to the large stove".
More recently, it has also been known as the Commitee Room as the commitee of the "Association pour la restauration de Chillon" met there during the 1930s. This association, founded in 1887, was responsible for restoring and running the castle with the support of the State of Vaud until 2002, when it was succeeded by the "Fondation du Château de Chillon".