This hall is one of the largest and most prestigious in the castle.
It is the ideal venue for organising events and also offers direct access to the professional kitchen.
In the Middle Ages the Savoys used this room as a reception, banquet or feasting hall. Here they received their vassals and dispensed justice.
Called the "Aula Magna" or "Aula Magna Inferior" (large lower room) in the 13th century, it became the milling room during the Bernese period, as a mill and press had been installed.
From 1839 it was given the name "Hall of Justice". The black marble columns and lakeside windows date from the 13th century. The ceiling and chimney date from the 15th century.
Sit-down dinner: approx. 230 guests
Reception or standing buffet: approx 300 guests
Concerts (or conferences with no table): approx 280 guests
This hall is also available in the daytime.