You can do the tour on your own with an audio-guide (iPod).
If a group cannot plan the time of arrival at the castle beforehand, this is a good alternative to the guided tour.
- The audioguide is available in French, German, English, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese and Japanese
- Price : CHF 6.- (VAT 8% incl.) + entrance per person
- Duration: the complete visit of the castle is one to two hours long. The audioguide rental closes 2 hours before the castle closes
- It is possibile to download the audio-guide tour before you come to the castle. Then you can use your own iPod touch, iPhone or iPad. Remember to bring headphones. Price: CHF 3.- (VAT 8% incl.). Application download
Beside the museum tour, you can view eight 3-4 minutes films. Each sequence is dedicated to a particular theme:
- Chillon's history
- its architecture
- its military function
- its prison past
- the daily life at the castle
- the Romantic facet of the castle
- the lands of the House of Savoy around Lake Geneva
- the life of Peter II of Savoy, major builder of Chillon Castle in the 13th century